SHAPE THE FUTURE OF SOUNDSTREAMS AS AN INSIDER
A few weeks ago, we announced that the 2020/21 season would be on hold, with a “digital-first, in-person next” approach to deciding on individual shows. It’s the right choice, if not a tough one, and sets the tone for a new journey together.
With the many changes ahead, we realized that we would greatly benefit from a communal approach to seeing a way forward. We excitedly introduce you to the Soundstreams Insider program.
We are one of the most vital communicators of Canadian values and artistry abroad, with productions such as Two Odysseys: Pimooteewin / Gállábártnit, Musik für das Ende, and Hell’s Fury, The Hollywood Songbook already sparking interest around the world. We have stable funding, long-term plans, and fantastic artistic and administrative leadership – in short, we are well-positioned to achieve our goals:
1) Building a living and lasting impact by promoting Canadian music, and creating opportunities for Canadian artists.
2) Telling and amplifying stories through music, that contextualize our time and place.
3) Providing a space for conversation through belonging, trust, and relationships.
But we are nothing without our audience.
We are looking for a broad coalition of voices at the table to help build Soundstreams into one of the most important cultural institutions in a changing world. By becoming a Soundstreams Insider, you’re not only supporting our organization but actively helping to shepherd us through this evolution.
Becoming a Soundstreams Insider is easy – and free. We’re looking for your participation by sharing your thoughts and feelings about how and what you might want to engage with us.
By becoming a Soundstreams Insider, you get the following:
- Invites to Insider-only digital town halls from summer 2020 to spring 2021 to help shape the future (and present) of Soundstreams. These special town halls are designed as staff-led open conversations around topics addressed by our shows. Our first town hall, this summer, will focus on Soundstreams’ role in the community post-COVID
- Sneak peeks into future shows from our artistic team
- Exclusive digital content for future shows
- For any future in-person shows, a chance to purchase tickets to the best seats before the general public, all for discounted rates.
Becoming a Soundstreams Insider is the newest way to join our village. Together, we will learn, lead, and connect.
The Soundstreams Team – Menon, Lawrence, Emma, Zoe, and Tim