2020/21 Season Important updates
To our Soundstreams family:
While we all continue to adapt to the shifting world around us, we’d like to take a moment to thank our amazing fans for your patience. Whether you’ve donated, engaged with our social media composer content, or simply left us kind words of support, the entire staff is truly appreciative.
Before COVID-19 made its presence known, we presented an exciting and ambitious 2020/21 season. The changing nature of the regulations around the pandemic in this city makes it impossible to say with certainty whether any of these concerts can continue – there are simply too many shifting factors to consider, not least of which is keeping the health and safety of artists and audiences top of mind.
- We have recently launched the Soundstreams Insider program, designed to bring together a broad coalition of voices to help mould Soundstreams. Click here to learn more!
- Future shows will be a mixture of livestream, broadcast, and in-person where possible.
- We are actively rescheduling all shows that were listed on our 2020/21 Main Stage series to future seasons, or new versions this coming year.
- One Soundstreams staff will be assigned as ‘Infection Mitigation Coordinator,’ keeping records of any symptoms, ensuring workplace is equipped with all cleaning materials, etc., and keeping logs of when areas are cleaned down.
- Screening questionnaires are given to all employees and artists when they report to work .
- Virtual meetings, staggering shifts and breaks, and visual markers/cues spaced two meters apart/protective barriers (when necessary) are some measures that we will use for future rehearsals.
The entire plan can be found here.
With warm wishes for continued health, safety, and clean hands,
Lawrence, Menon, Emma, Tim, and Zoe
PS – Continue to stay in touch over our social media on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, where we have been sharing some of the finest contemporary music from composers with connections to Soundstreams.